Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out to Playalinda at about 8:30 Thursday morning. The only thing biting were the swarms of mosquitos that accosted me as soon as I opened the door to the truck!

Lots of junk in the water which made bottom fishing impossible.
I did manage to land a 21" 3 1/2lb hunk of sea grass though. :)

Decided to try Melbourne Beach Pier but I must have blinked and missed it (first trip there) and wound up 1/2 way to Sebastian. Figured, "what the hell" and pressed on to the inlet. No luck on the North Jetty either.

I stopped at Action Bait and Deli in Titusville, and picked up some Fishbites, but alas, there was no one to feed them to!

Just so I don't get lost next time, is the Melbourne Beach Pier the one on the north side of 192 just after you go over the last causeway?

Not a completely wasted trip. I did find the Shark Pit, and Bonsteel which I hear y'all talk about occasionally.

This weekend may be a wash too with the tropical depression playing around down by Cuba.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Hey Mark here are the directions .

Come across the 192 causeway to A1A and make a right at the light . Go to the next light make a right on Ocean Ave. Go till ya hit the Indian River the roads bears to the right the Pier is right in front of you at the bend . Parking on the left. The Pier you are talking about to the north as you come across the 192 causeway is the Indialantic Pier.

See ya there sometime .
Will be there at dawn to hopfully net some critters for the toothies at the beach.

Good luck

http://www.dto.com/swfishing/plan/l...2325&stateid=12

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Koz,

Thanks for the directions!

I'll have to give it a try next time I'm down in that area.

Yesterday was an exercise in "mental health" fishing so actually catching anything was optional!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts