Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out early yesterday morning, stopped and got both live and frozen shrimp. Got to #11 around 7:00, surf was rough on incoming tide, and had to break out the 5oz. sputniks just to get the baits to hold the bottom, fished upp until about 11:30, with nothing to show for it but a slight sun burn, and a small foul hooked whiting. Until, I was packing up and deciede that I had to make two trips to the truck anyway, so I would leave the rods. I put Live shrimp on them, and made long casts as far as I could. Went to load the truck came back to see my 13 footer doubled over. It had taken a bunch of line out and I knew It was going to be pretty decent. I reeled and reeled with it taking lineall the time, a good twenty minute fight, Iuse light line as to enjoy it more! I was my saving grace a big red, had to measure it It was close, 26 and a half, just big enough for the cooler, and for dinner last night. Nothing better than fresh blackened grouper. I talked to a few other people, but they didn't to seem to be having any luck. I guess i live up to my name. Joe :D

Two thirds of the Earth is covered by water, So two thirds of our time should be spent fishing.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Hey redfishjoebob
Always seems to happen that way when your not around or looking the other way. Thank god for a good hook up and blackened fish.:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mistyped

I just got around to reading my post, and I see I slipped, too much beer, I ought not type and drink at the same time. but it was blackened redfish not grouper. That would be a real catch at spot 11.

TWO THIRDS OF THE EARTH IS COVERED BY WATER, SO TWO THIRDS OF OUR TIME SHOULD BE SPENT FISHING!!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I do the same thing when fishing alone. Everything else gets packed before the rods get reeled in. Have yet to be lucky like you but I will keep trying.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts