Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering, where in Lynchburg are you from??? I have family there and will be visiting in a few weeks. Do you fish on the James River or is there another fishing spot there???

MC

·
Registered
186 Posts
MC,
I used to live off of Forest Brook Road but now I'm out in the Forest area. I do a bit of fishing in the James but mostly I've been lucky in hooking up with some owners of private ponds who let me fish for cutting grass and other chores. As far as fishing the James, most spots around downtown are fairly crowded and dont even bother fishing Percivals Ilse. Dont despair there are fish to be had. Take the expressway to the bridge that will take you to Madison Heights, as soon as you get on the Mad Heights side of the bridge take the first and imediate right, this will take you to River Road. There will be a bait shop there called 29 market, you should be able to see the sign as you cross the bridge. They sell minnows, eels, goldfish, nightcrawlers, red wrigglers and maggots. Also sandwiches and drinks. Not too bad of a place but there are some err rather interesting people ("winos" and such) who hang out there, just keep an eye on your gear. From there take a left past the bait shop and ride down River Rd until you come to the first public boat ramp. You will see an open gravel parking area with an old stone house. You can walk down to the bank from here and usually is not a bad spot for catfish in the 1-4 pound range. If you prefer you can take a right at the shop and head up toward Natural Bridge. I cant remember the name of the place or exact directions but should be able to post them tomorow. If you have any questions about tackle or anything else give me a shout
Tight lines and popped riggers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts