Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading toward the Outer Banks around Thanksgiving. My family wants to come with me. I think it's great that they want to join me, but they don't want to fish. Are there any places to stay that has an indoor pool? I know that would keep them occupied.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Hey Hopper,
In South Nags Head, Surf Side Motel and the Blue Heron motel both have indoor pools. In Kill Devil Hills the Sea Ranch has an indoor pool. Good luck and have fun.
PS should be some Stripers around.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
DD as far as I know a few and I mean a very few were caught a couple weeks before Thanksgiving on the North Beach somewhere, they wouldn't give me the exact location, some friends. The Stripers should be the main attraction this year.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Live eels + Oregon Inlet + November = Stripers!

If you don't have a 4x4, the catwalk is a good alternative (or sometimes better) than the beach. Tie on a 3 way with eel, enough lead to hold bottom and drop next to a pylon and hold on.

Thanksgiving used to mark the run of the big blues in the outer banks - but those were the days.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The really last good bluefish blitz, I think was in 98. People were shoulder to shoulder from avon pier to the motels. A short one started about 11.00am and shut down around 15.00pm. I think that the fish are still here just not coming to the beach. Caught several in the high teens last year off avon but from a boat.
Don't know the reason or reasons that they are not coming in any more but it was fun while it lasted. Just wish we could get a NE wind for a couple of weeks, still plagued with the SW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.