Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was a kid living in N. Va. I use to fish at a place called Piney Point in addition to Point Look Out and Chesapeake (North Beach). I was surprised that it was not one of the sites mentioned on places to fish on this site for Maryland.

Between the 3 places, I had the best success at Piney Point. I haven't fished there in over 15 years.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Piney Point

First let me ask, Did you fish from a boat or from the shore? Piney Point was one of my favorite spots over the last 3 years until it started to resemble the Chesapeake side of the Point Lookout causeway. There used to be a wall there that you could fish from and the water was right there. Now you have to climb over so many boulders to get to the water. I havent fished there since they did that. The last time i went there was maybe a year and a half ago where these 2 older women who were residents of PP were trying to get everyone to sign a petition to get the boulders removed. I wonder how it went. I might have to swing through there to see if they had any success. Hey ccc6588, If you get through there before I do give me the status of the fishing area. The one right by the little bridge...........Tight Lines

MC

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use to fish there a few years ago but I don't remember that many boulder's along the shore line being describe like PLO .That place was once a hot spot for me until people started losing there lives in that strong current around the over pass and then I remember you could only fish there till sundown. speaking of point's have anyone fish rock point this your.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Fishing at Piney Point

Hey Killerfish,

Im speaking of fishing right before you cross the bridge where people would pull of to the right side. There was a wall there where the water was. Now instead of the wall there is alot of rocks like they have at Point Lookout. When was the last time you been down there anyway??? I have been trying to find someone who has been there recently to let me know if all of the rocks are still there.that used to be a great fishing spot.........Tight Lines

MC

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey MC its been about four years for me but I do remember someone saying about the fishing being slow this year.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Piney Point

Hey Killerfish,

The Last time I was there was 2 summers ago and it resembled the Chesapeake side of the Point Lookout causeway. I used to fish PLO and then head to Piney Point during the day. That was my routine for about 2 years until they put the rocks in there. Next time i go to PLO i will ride through there just to see if its still the same.........Tight Lines

MC

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was at Piney Point lat last summer and the rocks are still there. I was there all night too. I remember going there as a kid in August when the blues were running and it was so easy to catch fish. Another problem with the area is that the crabbers are placing their pots pretty close to shore right by the parking lot in front of the old bridge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts