Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if some of the piers are being rebuilt prolly still a lil early jus wondering :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
I doubt that Harrison's or Buckroe will be rebuilt not sure about the others. But I know most piers don't have insurance to cover hurricane damage. Its a shame for us fishen-people and a big loss for the sport of fishing.But truthfully most piers where built years ago before the demand on waterfront property.I guess I can understand if the piers owners decide to sell.:( I guess the old saying about money talks applies here. I wonder where we are all gonna be fishing next year I guess we will have to wait and see what happens. I am really gonna miss Buckroe for it was there that I got my love of fishing,wish there was someway I could get my hands on a piece of the pier.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lets not forget / GRANDVIEW / always had good luck; and , barely ever went there. :mad: mother natures way of sayn bye :eek:

·
Registered
488 Posts
I finally got in touch with someone at Sandbridge Pier (Little Island Park) and was informed that the pier did suffer some damage from Isabel and that they were closed until May 2004. They did say that you can still surf fish the location though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have heard, and it's only hearsay but harrison's will be rebuilt, just not as long as before. the city considers it to be a historical site and is going to help.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Harrison's

I heard an interview with Judy Boone on 106.9 right after Izzy. She said plans were being made to rebuild. I again heard that it would be shorter, but missed why(besides money).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts