great idea. I meet a few of the guys last year. Although you would hear that you were at a pier where someone from the board was and you didn't even realize it. This might help people get to know each other better. If not aleat it would give you some conversation for that slasck time
Well guys, since I started this thread I guess I should be the one to give the bad news. The caps are provided by a private concern who mass produces the hats. The cost of putting names on them would not be affordable.
However, if we bought the hats in a large enough quantity and had someone here on the board with a printing/silk screening/sewing business maybe we could get a good price at both ends! Anyone in the business or know someone who is?
Surf An Turf. I got a buddy that does sceenprinting.I can check an see if he would be interested.I would prolly need a general Idea of how many.Less than 25 etc. Let me know something an I'll talk to him.Either leave me a PM or e me at [email protected]
Cdog, thanks for the offer. I'm not taking orders for hats. I thought maybe if we as a group bought hats from P&S merchandise, that we could get them personalized for a small fee. I have since been informed that that is not possible so I thought maybe we could get someone else to do it if we bought the hats and sent them to them.
Ok who wants to take advantage of Cdog's offer besides me?
2) How many of us can keep them looking good after baited hands, salted hands, reel greased hands, fish guts,etc...
Solution that won't break the bank:
1) Get a medium line permanent marker and write your name on your cap.
2) Add one more store to your fishing gear supplier, a fabric store. Buy embroidery thread in your choice of color along with an embroidery needle.
3) Thread the needle, everyone who ties their own hooks and leaders, etc shouldn't have any trouble with this. Insert the needle up and down through your written name, similar to jigging or jerking, following the outline while making sure to cover well. And don't forget to tighten those stitches. Finish with a knot, only this one time, no need to wet the knot.
4) For those who are squeemish about needles, have your better half, "the little lady, wife, girlfriend, etc"...do this for you. You both will be happy. You'll not only look good, but she will feel good knowing everytime she smiles when you head out the door, it's because she is sending you off on your way after having "branded" you.
Note: For those who are short on funds after all the past few weeks and months of gear shopping, I hear there is this "water and land" guy from Norfolk Va who's worth millions. Surely he can help a fellow angler out in these tough times!
I am workking on something now with a cap company and embroidery. Looks like the best price break is at 11-29 hats. (1 hat $25, 5-10 $17, 11-29 $15, 30-59 $11 plus shipping.)
I am waiting for them to get back to me.
Here is what I will do. IF we decide to do this, I will collect the money for the hats and order them Shipping to me would be approximatey $8 which would be divided among us all, then another $2 shipping from me to you, or we can all find something individually or if anyone has another idea, I am all ears.
I'm interested in hearing Sandflea's take on this. Can the Pier and Surf Logo be applied to caps ordered from a company that has no affiliation or permission from P & S?
I see the point in how ordering in bulk can save quite a lot. Just that copyright issue. And I assumed "some" of the money used to buy the caps thru P & S would result in a portion benefiting the P & S web site.
Since we're on the subject of office supplies--I don't think the crayon and stickers ideas are all that bad. But maybe some other office stationary would be better suited. In this case the suggested--"Carbon Copy." So I would take that to mean there is no room for being original here.
I see your point Surf and Turf. I just believe in taking care of home first though. But that's just one opinion. Even though it's probably not worth the "bird crap" that I forgot to include in #2 in my above post.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
A forum community dedicated to fishing and boat owners and enthusiasts along the East Coast and Gulf area. Come join the discussion about piers, safety, gear, tackle, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!