Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any update on the piers that were damaged or destroyed by Isabel or for that matter the property damage I heard the Outer banks still has a long way to go.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
I haven't heard anything but rumors. Some good some bad. Th only one I know is going to be fixed is Sandbridge.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's good to know I always wanted to fish Sandbridge when I vacation in VA beach just never had the chance so I this year I hope to have the chance.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Here is what I know from running the license fund program.

1. Sand Bridge, will be repaired and improved to phase one (improved decking and approach) Phase 2 which is the extension of the pier is still up in the air.

2. Cape Charles fun pier, this facility was totally funded and should make for an excellent bay side fishing pier. Completiion date has not been set.

Newport News Wave screen: this project5 was approved fro funding and will convert the wave screen near the Monitor Merrimak Bridge into as killer fishing pier. I do not have a completition date as of yet.

Buckroe Observation Pier, this proposal will come up in January.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
THANKS for the heads up ruthless. Glad to see our money going to good use.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Harrison's Pier

I heard Judy Boone doesn't own the Pier her brother does and he's building it either the size it was or concrete and about 1/2 the size...I haven't heard when they're starting to reconstruct it but hopefully soon.

Fred

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any news about the NC piers?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Avalon Pier

I think they're working on Avalon as we speak right now. Good thing too.. Im up
there every July 4th week from 5am to 2am...If you wanna have a casting contest and you see a guy with a 12' heaver challenge me for fun.

Fred

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Read awhile back that Romancoke pier to be rebuilt ($750,000). But will believe when I see.

Have Jeep will travel. :D

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Outer banks piers;
Kitty Hawk, Probaly not going to rebuild, but maybe.

Avalon Pier, OK and open.

Nags Head Pier, will reopen in Spring.

Jennet's Pier, Is owned by the state of NC and will be rebuilt.

Outer Banks Pier, Is being rebuilt now, they have been open with a shortened version. The plans are looking good.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info all it looks pretty good for the piers coming back

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
any word about Jenette's pier?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Also, does any one have any word on Grandview Pier in Va. That was my favorite pier. Good fishing, always had cool people there, to boot.

dtw

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Grandview is toast, no plans to rebuild that I have heard of.

·
Registered
440 Posts
It is in the works to make the Buckroe pier a fishing pier, using license money. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
206 Posts
the last i heard from lynnhaven they were going to repair in the winter but haven't seen it started yet. bobby lou said they planed a diamond on the end so that is something to look forward to

dan lee

·
Registered
285 Posts
Get a good fishin game that everyone can play together online :D

Tight Lines

Tim

·
Registered
285 Posts
Well the post above didn't post right? I posted on the Early Snow thread and somehow it ended up here? strange, and it wont let me edit it lol

Tight Lines

Tim

1 - 20 of 22 Posts