Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to a few piers this week since I haven't been doing a lot of fishing this year so figured I post a report since I rarely post on here anyway. MONDAY went to buckroe pier around 9pm and at the end of the pier there were blues EVERYWHERE. None bigger than 14 inches but also LOTS of nice Grey trout (in NJ we call them weakies) up to 16 inches. I'm not a big bait person so the lures of choice were gotcha plugs and Storm shads but people were catching the Grey trout on squid like it was a croaker run and of course they weren't keeping their daily limit of 1 fish per person for grey trout smh but I'm not the type to say anything I wasn't fishing to eat. Also a guy caught a 49 inch Red Drum that night on a LIVE BLUEFISH I have pics that i will post later. Estimated weight, over 40 pounds it was so big we thought it was a shark. FRIDAY went to lynnhaven pier with my manager around 9pm and basically limited out on speckled trout at this one light at the middle of the pier. Non stop action jigging a electric chicken bass assassin. Majority were in the 11-13 inch range but managed plenty of keepers which I returned back to the water before anybody asked me to have them. Until the Speck scene starts thriving again I won't be keeping them unless I'm STARVING for a trout. Not much else was going on at lynnhaven other than the blues but I didn't catch any trout at any other light except that one so I stayed at that light until 1am. That's about it for my week of fishing hope I gave some P&S members some good details !

·
Registered
411 Posts
Thanks for the report. It'd be hard for me not to say anything to those keeping more than limit but to each their own, I get it. It is fun catching blues out there like that off lures. Makes for good action. Can't wait to see the bull red caught on a live blue!

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Nice report. Strange how the trout were only biting at one light. Know what you mean about people asking for fish...even if undersized.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts