Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
When you compare rates, be sure to pay attention to the rod fees if you want to fish multiple rods. Some piers like Cherry Grove charge per rod ($6) and Apache allows two rods for the daily fee, but then they charge to park ($2). I am not sure about the others this year because I haven't completed my rounds yet. Really, I guess they will come within a buck or two if you consider all in costs ($7-$10.50 for one rod, $10.50-$13 for two).

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this is what i have found so far,

cherry grove and surfside charge by rods(ill probably never go to either one)

apache lets 2 rod(8.50 plus parking, i think?)

MB state park(2 rods) its been too long dont remmber the price

second avenue( just found out, eight dollars, 2 rods)

springmaid- unknown i know they allow 2 rods

·
Registered
390 Posts
I also asked him about smoking on the Surfside Pier. He told me smoking was not allowed in the tackle shop or Restaurant, but (get this) We allow smoking on the pier. The last I read the smoking ban in Surfside extends off shore 1 mile. So yes they allow it, but if someone complains and calls the police and has a witness, I would say you were busted. Not worth the risk to me, I will go somewhere where I can enjoy myself.
Also: Due to the existing licenses, NO alcohol is allowed to be brought onto the pier, but can be purchased at Pier Outfitters.

I don't think you will see me at the Surfside Pier

·
Registered
682 Posts
Can you bring alcohol onto any pier? My buddy and I went to surfside pier to drink an (overpriced) beer and look at the water. The sign says residents of surfside don't have to pay the $1 to walk on the pier. My buddies ID says Surfside (lives in surfside beach club) and the lady told him he still has to pay $1 since he doesn't live "east of 17". They lost a hefty profit on the 4 beers we would have bought...

·
Registered
176 Posts
I also asked him about smoking on the Surfside Pier. He told me smoking was not allowed in the tackle shop or Restaurant, but (get this) We allow smoking on the pier. The last I read the smoking ban in Surfside extends off shore 1 mile. So yes they allow it, but if someone complains and calls the police and has a witness, I would say you were busted. Not worth the risk to me, I will go somewhere where I can enjoy myself.
Also: Due to the existing licenses, NO alcohol is allowed to be brought onto the pier, but can be purchased at Pier Outfitters.

I don't think you will see me at the Surfside Pier
Not too sure of that "1-mile off shore" rule, since I was told that from the water to the high tide mark belongs to the State, Surfside has no jurisdiction there. I'll smoke on the beach.....screw em.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.