Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get my one chance (fer this week) on saturday..

I wanna chance at a beeg jaun...

Which pier would ya'll select ???

I wuz thinking about buckroe, but I have heard some good things about seagull..

Whaddyall think ????

Thanks

·
Registered
196 Posts
Reports from seagull are sloooow. Not much there recently from the posts here. I'd stick to buckroe or grandview.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here's what's happening this week:
Virginia Piers -

Grandview - Karen said a good number of flounder up to 21 inches were decked over the long holiday weekend. Spot and croaker provided a steady bite while pan trout remain scarce. No cobia were caught recently but a big cobia was lost at pierside after a 30-minute plus fight Sunday.

Buckroe Beach - Bottom fishermen are seeing mixed catches of spot, croaker, small flounder, sea mullet and taylor bluefish. A few Spanish mackerel were landed the past several days and two small cobia were decked and later released.

Harrison - Charley said it was "dog gone slow" during the daytime with only a few spadefish and pompano taken recently. After sundown, bottom fishermen are getting a steady bite of spot and croaker while more pan trout are available around the pier light shadows for casters.

Lynnhaven - Daytime action has been slowed by the heat but after sundown, taylor bluefish, spot, pinfish, crabs, skates and rays become more active.

Virginia Beach - Overall action has been slow--especially during the heat of the day but bottom persistent fishermen are able to manage enough sea mullet, spot and taylor bluefish to have dinner.

Sandbridge - A mixture of sea mullet, spot and taylor blues provided sporadic action the past few days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts