Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pier ? glouster

i know about the pier right off the COLEMAN BRIDGE is there another one out towards the bay someone told me theres a campground up that way has a long pier on it ?? anyone know >"?

·
Registered
212 Posts
INAWE, there are 3 other piers in sight og the Gloucester Point Pier: Naval Weapons Station, Yorktown Coast Guard base and the Yorktown Pier (across from the Yorktown pub). Don't know of any other.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i know about those piers ; this pier is suppose to be after the toll on the bridge down to the FOOD LION turn right and back down that road somewheres ive tried to find it a couple of times thats when i was drinking :---> maybe ill check it ouy next time im down that way ; or stop and ask a local suppose to be a good spot !:cool:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Sounds like you are talking about Gloucester Point Campground. If you turn right at the Food Lion and go a mile or so you will hit Low Ground Road, turn left. Go 2-3 miles and turn right at the signs for the camp ground. Their are several small piers there. Don't know how much fishing is done there. Anywhere else is gonna be a private pier. There is another small pier (boat dock) if you continue down 17N about 3 miles and turn left at the Farm Fresh (Crewe Rd) and drive till you run into the dock. This is a great place to catch croakers and never has anyone on it. Also, it is the best place to catch minnows on the Gloucester side. Don't know where else you'd be talking in the Coleman Bridge area.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
one of are it for sure try it out fri :D

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hey, that's some good help there from F-Pounder. He knows that area really well. Good luck with the Cobes, Pounder.

THROW MORE / SOME / ANY / MAYBE A FEW BACK

Jake Ace

·
Registered
41 Posts
Info was great

Thanks flounder pounder for info to boat dock off creaw rd. Me and my bro-inlaw caught some nice croakers. I have one question. while we were there i noticed the clear jelly it the water that would light up with a blue tint, at first i thought that one can of coors light was going to my head....:eek: But after the third one I knew for sure that i saw that ecto-plasma, blue chu jelly jelly stuff light up....8(---) anyone knows what it is before i eat these fish thanks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Bioluminescence.

Combjellies and dinoflagellate Notctiluca(the real small stuff) manufacturer their own lightworks for different reasons. It's not due to an unreported leak from some nuclear sub or reactor. Many people refer to it as "fire in the water." IMO, it's not so good for fishing...but it's really cool when you see it. There are alot of Navy guys who lurk this board, I bet they've seen this stuff light up the bow of a ship plowing through it or in the wake behind them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts