Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'll be heading down to va.beach in november and want to bring my kids pier fishing (first time for them saltwater fishing). where are the good piers to fish that time of year and what are you catching? thanks.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
There were only two piers in Va Beach that were opened after Izzy. One has closed for th season. VB pier at 15th st might still be open. I'm not sure.

·
Registered
206 Posts
hey all,

man i have not posted in a long time. i know seagull is open. and VA beach pier is open but for limited hours not all night anymore. i have not fished in a while sense lynnhaven closed. i have to get used to the whole surf fishing thing and i am not all into that. but i will learn.

dan lee

fish til it hurts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Va Beach Pier

Virginia Beach Pier is open but it shuts down at midnight. I'm pretty sure its open at 6:00 am . Thats what they're doing now I'll try calling today to see what the plans are for November and will let you know.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Seagull Action

Went down to Seagull on wednesday around 12:00. In by the rocks they were only catching small Seabass about 4-5 inches and along the rest of the pier only small spot and then skates down the end. We were board catching nothing and instead of going to the smaller hooks and playing with the babies we went out to the end and started fishing with chunks of baby blues we caught down Rudee inlet on monday and shrimp and clams. About 3:30 I nailed a 22 inch Striper and then this big storm came thru with some hefty winds. Birds came in from everywhere but we had to take off to pick up the wife from work . Heading back out thursday night around 6:00 to spend the night . Regulars said they've been getting the stripers all week at night

1 - 10 of 10 Posts