Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't fished in the salt water since I was a young boy:--|,when my family used to go to Ocean City for their summer vacation. We used to,:fishing: fish off the Ocean City bridge for flounder and blue fish, and go out on one of the head boats that operated out of the Mast Restaurant. I have been wanting to get down there and do some fishing again.

I have been checking out P&S and see that there are fishing piers operating. How do you get to them and what is the charge for fishing off of them? Is a license required to fish off them and what are the regulations? When is the best time of the year to fish off them?

I would appreciate any and all information that anyone will give me

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Welcome and the piers that charge (around here) run about $5.00.

Hey Flea that name brings back memories.
we had a cutbait on here before.

JC

·
Registered
91 Posts
Pier fishing is pretty simple, it's all about the right bait and tide. Far as bait depending on what your fishing for and where your fishing, Cut bait seems to work the best. The rig i would start off with is a high/low rig really simlpe and experiment from there. The weight you choose is gonna vary on the size of yor rod, line, current,wind and so on...
Once you go out fishing everything should start to make sense and you'll pick yor own style. Have fun!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks EJ20. Thats what I'd like to know about, how to rig up a high/low rig, is it two hooks with a sinker one hook set on the bottom and one set higher? And what is a fish finder. I know what the instrument is but this looks like a snell hook with a barrel swivel attached a bout an inch away. how is it used. And where are the best piers close to the bay bridge on rt. 50.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts