Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other post was getting too long so I started a new one.

I'm looking to buying a Fish-N-Mate Senior and was wondering some of the prices out there. I've contacted JamesTackle and Jim told me the price of Senior cart went up Jan 1 from 185.99 to 195.99 (includes shipping).

How's other tackle stores compare? I thought the cart would be handy when I take the family to the beach... and for me for fishing... :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hey Guys,

Holiday Sports on St.Barnabas Rd. Has the Fish-N-Mate Sr. For $179.00 and the Jr. For $149.00. I called them to Confirm the prices.

MC

"Remember,The further you cast the longer it takes to bring the big ones in." ;)

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Jangwuah,

Glad to see you looking at the Senior model. It holds an unbelievable amount of stuff! I also got the cutting board and sandflea/bait holder with mine.

I also got three surf tubes from them that are made of aluminum. They are great!

I will be making a marine plywood floor for mine this Summer that will fold in half so I can remove it when I want.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool Sandcrab,

I hope we can hook up sometime soon after you heal from your surgery.

Does Senior fit in back of your car after tires are diasembled?

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I do not have to take the tires off...but if I did it would be real easy...just a couple of circular rings that unhook and let you take off each wheel - much like a keychain ring..

I just take off the front steering handle and pop it in the car!

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Oh so glad we started another post was getting tired of scrolling down the other one trying to read new info. Keep it up guys!

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
maybe we could just quit talking about the fish mate SR all together? After all, I prefer my mate to be young (speaking of mating, ever see Species?)

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Lemme tell you, I ain't no old geezer,but ever since I have been hauling my gear around in my surf-cart,SR,I truly believe I have added 20 yaers to my back.

And no Dis-respect to all those old Geezers out there. :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
No fair picking on us old geezers just because we take the kitchen sink with us when we hit the surf! :D Ya never know - you just might need 100 sinkers, 8 rods, 5 gallon pail, chair, etc... ;)

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Hey-ask Surf-N-Turf and Lars,I too,take the kitchen sink and half the garage!

You never know when you need about 50 lbs of lead.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yep, seems the more room you have the more you carry. GET THE JR.!!!! :p

No seriously the Sr. is the one to get if you have the extra cash.

One thing which I believe is important for those of you thinking about buying one, is that although one of there selling points is the removable wheels, you still have the axle sticking out on either side which can puncture seats if you're not careful. I would personally leave the wheels on.

The axle is a solid piece of round bar aluminimum about 5/8" in diameter and is held in place under the cart by 2 U-bolts with locnuts. Unless you undo completely the U-bolts, you can not remove the axle. I would have liked a tube welded to the cart for the axle to slide into which does not extend beyond the cart. Just my preference.

You'll like it no matter, but something to consider.

·
Registered
668 Posts
geeeeez, when i started this topic i didn't think it would create that much interest. like i said in the begining i find my cart invalueable for pier fishing. ace hardware has a new version of my wagon but they have added plactic side rails to replace the metal ones which reduces the weight a little.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've been lusting after one of those carts for the past two years. Until now, I've used a hand truck outfitted with PVC "rod holders". It carries a lot, but its heavy and doesn't store well for the trip back and forth to the coast.
James Tackle lists the Senior for $209 (including shipping). Still a little rich for me, but with a herniated disk in my back its approaching "reasonable" price-wise. If I could find one for $179, I'd certainly buy it. Unfortunately, there's not much call for one of those being available for sale here in the Blue Ridge. :(

·
Registered
490 Posts
[URL=http://www.fishnmate.com/

Fishmate Sr. $189.95 Plus Shipping $15.00
Fishmate Jr. $154.95 Plus Shipping $15.00
I have the Jr and love it. Getting to old to pull Three coolers thru the soft sand, But my Jr. is the older one and has 8 rod holders but you could always add them if needed.I still haul my cooler tackle box and chairs. :p :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts