Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
started another topic as to not make the other one too long. my girlfriend has an embroidery machine as she is a quilter. she says she may be able to put a name across the back of the hat above the adjustment band. she will try it on one of my hats and i will let you know how it works out.

G

·
Surf and Turf,

As I said before, it's the "better half to the rescue." :p

Now what should I charge for that advice? :D
Since it's priceless, this one is on me. :mad:

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
You know, you guys could just pick up the hats with the logo already on it and then just have someone put your names on it...it's just that I don't have a way to do both.

These hats are made by an outside company and they don't currently have a way to customize them.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sand Flea, if we can get someone in the group who can do this, I plan on doing just that. Get a P&S hat and have it done, but the companies I have talked to want to sell their own hat.

That's why I approached you first, before starting this thread. I don't want any hard feelings, just thought this would be a good idea and make it easier for us to recognize each other on the beach or pier and put some money in your coffer.

If this creates hard feelings here, I can drop the whole thing, do my own thing and everyone else can do the same. Just let me know.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
There's no hard feelings--you guys can do whatever you want. I just think it'd be easier to have the hats with a logo already on it and stitch or screen the names on afterwards.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
OK guys....just out of curiosity I called two shops that did stitching and asked about having my name put on a ball cap.One in Vabeach ,one in Newport News.Both said "no-problem "to bringing in my own hat.$10 for set-up ,$5 to do name..One said 2 or 3 days turnaround...the other 2 weeks.So it can be done .Maybe cheaper in house by a friend of someones, but done.Its a good idea and I look forward being able to identify board members.Hope I've helped a little. the R

·
Registered
270 Posts
Not bad rhondel, there is an option. Who did you call with the low price?

Sand Flea, there are at least three options discussed here.

One would be buy a P&S hat and have your name put on it by someone here or two, as rhondel suggested find some company that will allow you to bring in your own hat and have it done and three, get a hat from another company and put whatever you can afford to on it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
If you just want a name on a P and S hat why not stoop to iron on transfer. Many people here probably already have graphic programs that will handle it. This eliminates sending hats around. Transfer paper can be bought at Wally-World. I could do it but we are back to sending hats around.

·
Registered
256 Posts
the name on the hat part is really unneccessary, if the whole gang was to buy the p n s hats that are already available. anytime you see someone with one of the hats introduce yourself as a board member. you can tell whomever you are speaking with what it is that you would like to be called, be it your given name or cyber name.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings sandcasting!

I have my P&S hat, and I'm ugly enough that everyone should recognize me immediately! (Just don't tap me on the shoulder during my back cast....)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Novel idea sandcasting. Where are all these hats? I haven't seen one yet, pier or surf.

I just thought it might be a good idea, but I guess it wasn't. :confused:

Here is a URL for the hat company I was communicating with in case some of you want to follow up on your own.
http://www.capfactory.com/

BTW, I just ordered my P&S hat yesterday.

·
Registered
256 Posts
surf and turf i wasn't knocking your idea, so i hope you didn't take my reponse the wrong way. i was just saying if more people bought the p n s hats, and we all stopped being shy and said hello, it would be easier to get to know each other. i've just always been against the "hello my name is" nametags.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sandcasting I didn't take your post the wrong way, but I can see that from mine that I sounded that way.

I just haven't seen any hats shirts or anything on the piers or surf and I thought maybe by personalizing them it may stir sales and make it easy for us to identify ourselves to each other.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts