Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since everyone has the Matapeake blues, why not get together Saturday morning for a little catch-and-release striper fishing?

I'll be there... ;)

·
Registered
960 Posts
Sounds like a great idea, but I regret I will not be there. We will be fishing in VA thur-sat. Have fun and throw the poachers over the pier rail. :D

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the "Poachers over the rail" bit! :)

You guys have fun in VA and clean up on those killer croakers at Sandbridge for us.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Sandcrab -- I like the "Poachers over the rail" bit!
Maybe you can give away a free combo set up to the person who throw's the biggest Poacher over the rail. Please take PIC"S

Have a great time .
T<--->--<>Lines
Kozlow

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
How about you get a certificate and free P&S hat for pic of every poacher over the rail :D

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
you guys better watch it. I've been wanting some P&S gear but can't really afford it. I might just get myself killed trying to throw some 300 + poacher over the pier!

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Husky you are quite thin, you might want to wait for backup from sandcrab or axon and I. The only thing i am worried is we start doing this and the coast guard has to come out b/c 3/4 of the people on the pier are in the water. :eek: Shoot axon better watch out I might throw him off the pier just so I can get me some free stuff. :p

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We don't have to throw them into the water, we have other options.

1. Cuff them to the pier until the DNR guys show up. I have 150 lb test wire I use for shark leaders that would make excellent handcuffs.

2. They can hold on to all the floating trash in the water that has spilled from the overflowing garbage pails on the pier.

3. I have a pier gaff that we could use to catch-and-release them if they fall into the water and can't swim.

We have options... ;)

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Sandcrab, what types of trash cans do they have on the pier? I am willing to go out and buy another one if you think it would help in reducing the trash in the water.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice thought...They have two 55 gal type trash cans. The problem is that the city is a S-L-A-C-K-E-R when it comes to emptying them!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Hey guys don't throw themin the water..We are fighting a pollution problem now..

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JC,

You're right! We can save them for the shark chum at AI during the Summer!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts