Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Just spoke with the park ranger about tenative dates for a Pier and Surf cleanup. The 17th of May from 8:00-12:00 for our cleanup is a good day as there are no events at the park scheduled. Will this date work?

Maybe, we could do some fishing and have a Pier and Surf BBQ at the fishing beach area when we get done. :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I haven't posted in awhile, but I've been reading all the posts. Hope I'm not banned from the board for that :) But yeah this sounds like a good idea...I'm in.

·
Registered
467 Posts
hey Sandcrab...

Ive never fished SPSP before but I can help in the cleanup. Maybe ill bring my better half along and make a day out of it. I have to check my work schedule but if im off that weekend im there.

MC

·
Registered
93 Posts
One question I forgot to ask: Would we have to pay the entrance fee since we are volunteers? I don't mind paying, but thought I would ask for all that may be interested.

·
Registered
146 Posts
That sounds good. I don't really post much and have never met any of you guys but I'm really interested in meeting you guys out there and helping out.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All,

The park ranger told me that entrance to the park is free if you are a volunteer HOWEVER I will need to get everyone's name (your real names :)) and provide this list to the park before the scheduled cleanup date of May 17th. Everyone can send me their list of names (wives, husbands, friends) on who will be attending the cleanup. If your name is not on the list during the day of the event, you will be required to pay the park entrance fee at toll plaza. If you want to go, make sure to send me your list of names. ;)

As a bonus - All volunteers DO NOT have to leave the park upon completion of their volunteer duties...they can stay around and enjoy the park...do some friendly fishing...have a Pier and Surf BBQ. :)

Let's rock! :D

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now that we've gotten the particulars out of the way - Who's doing the cooking and who's bringing what? ;)

We need someone to coordinate the food, grills, etc. Any volunteers?

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I would love to come and help out. I will fish afterwards no doubt. The rest of my family (wife and kids) will be in Texas that day--so it's the perfect day for me to come volunteer.

So, sandcrab, add Trevor Rees to your list. Also, will I need work gloves or anything?

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
The 17th is fine with me. Count on me to help with the cooking. The name's Nichols, Charles Nichols.

Catman.

·
Registered
270 Posts
GUys...

I know that I can't make it on the 17th and after fishing with Sand Flea today I don't think he can make it that date either.

I think that if we push into early June we also might be able to do a little bit more in terms of press & broadcast publicity to get more folks out there as well as into the sport.

Bob

M

·
0 Posts
Count me in, let's not change the date, if we do the date will keep changing. Can we get fifteen volunteers? Next time around we are sure to get more. I have already paid to get into the park for 2003.

·
Registered
79 Posts
This absolutely sounds great BUT right in the middle of Little League Baseball Season?
Can't do it but if it were any other time especially any Sunday I am there with bells on and YES I will do the cooking!

Actually the 18th sounds great.....don't really want to add gas to the fire but I can't get there on the 17th. Plus like Mcrea I will already have the season pass.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
I'm in a wedding out of town that weekend so I can't make it. If you guys can do another date I'd be glad to come. Otherwise, I hope you guys have a good day. It was a great idea to build good will with the folks running the park.

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
OK guys, time to get this thing rolling. Sandcrab has done a wonderful thing getting this project intiated. What do you need from us Sandcrab. So far you have 8 that can make it on the 17th. Those being yourself (Sandcrab), Skully, Master Caster, Fishin Rod, Husky Md, Mcrea, Cutbait-King, and myself (Catman). More volunteers would be great but even with 8 we can make a showing. I can do the cooking and bring the hamburgers and rolls. Everybody can bring their own drinks so we don't have to worry about that. Who wants to bring hotdogs and rolls, plates and plastic utinsels, chips and petzels, condiments, potato salad, baked beans, and whatever else? Just throwing out some ideas. Do they have grills there or do we have to bring them? Did everyone get their real names to Sandcrab? I don't mean to sound pushy but Sandcrab can't do it all. May 17th is closer than you think so let's keep the momentum going. We have a great opportunity here to show the folks at SPSP that we as group are concerned and hopefully they will respond in a positive way towards us.

Catman.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We can :

1. Reschedule for another time in hopes of getting more people together.

2. Keep this date and volunteer our services for the park AND schedule another date for us to volunteer (2 date to choose from).

You guys decide on a date. No matter what date we pick we will not be able to please all. We could schedule for two consecutive dates if that helps.

It's like trying to schedule a party boat for a hundred people. ;)

FYI - They have grills right near the fishing beach that we could use if they are available when we get done. If they are not available after the cleanup, there are lots of grills throughout the park that we could use for a BBQ.

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
My vote is still for may 17th for the following reasons:

- The park already said nothing was scheduled for that date.

- It shouldn't be crowded with sun bathers.

- It won't be hot.

- There should still be some trophy rock around and the croaker bite should be better.

- My wife will be out of town.

Catman.

M

·
0 Posts
Sandcrab, I will supply the hot dogs and rolls, let me know how much you think is needed. Lets stick with the 17th, no matter how many people show up, if we don't get this started it will never get done. Those who can't make it this time around, might do so on the next date. Hopefully the North Beach crowd won't show, there might be too much to clean up.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's the list of volunteers:

Sandcrab - Ron Beloff
Catman - Charles Nichols
Cutbait King - Natalio Lazaro
HuskyMD - Trevor Rees

Skully - Name needed
Master Caster - Name needed
Fishing Rod - Name needed
McCrea - Name needed

Who's got the con on the food list? Coolers?
Need someone to take charge here.

Count me in for a macaroni and a potato salad.

Husky - Can you please bring about 20 dozen bloodworms for us to use? :D Just the thought of buying more than two dozen bloodworm @ $7.00 a dozen kills me. ;) Maybe our next trip could be a road trip to Maine to bring back a couple of flats of cheap bloodworms! Take that Mike's Bait! :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
hey guys,

sorry, forgot to provide real name. Ralph Foston,III. Im definitely down for the 17th. if you need me to bring anything for the BBQ just say the word.

MC

" Remember,The further you cast the longer it takes to bring the big ones in." ;)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts