Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I live in Moyock, NC which is like 1 hour from the beach depending how you drive. I'm 16 and will be driving to the beach a lot soon as soon as i get my license. I've taken my little s10 on the beach at Ramp 4 right before the Oregon Inlet bridge and it handled the beach like a champ. I am installing a lift kit and 32's soon.

My question is how can I mount a rod rack on the bed of my pick-up without drilling holes. A C-Clamp would work but isn't permanent enough. i want it to be able to be removed kind of easily. I know how to make the rod holder just not mount it. I wont mount it to the front or back either. Or let my rods ride in the bed. I want them in a holder. I just cant figure out how to mount them.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Lay your assembly across the bed behind the cab, then use eye hooks and a buckle to attach the wood to the tie down loops right behind the cab on either side. That way you can turn the buckle to tighten it up and hold it in place. I can't remember, doesn't that truck have stake pockets? Mount your rod holder assembly across your bed utilizing the stake pockets and then use the tie down loops to secure it in place.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Why can't you drill into the bed,, it's a truck right??

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I am stunned, a 16 year old that listens to his parents :eek:

Your a very smart young man, us old farts aint as dumb as our kids think we are ;)

Don't get in trouble but ask your dad if you ask a paint and body man is there anything you can do to keep a drilled hole from rusting out will he let you do that. If he says NO don't push the issue, trust me.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am stunned, a 16 year old that listens to his parents :eek:

Your a very smart young man, us old farts aint as dumb as our kids think we are ;)
well last time i mouthed off to him he decided i was a horrible driver. which is plain and simply not true.
we actually were aving an argument about which lane i ought to be drivin in...
ugh.
so his way to resolve the issue was to never ride in the car with me drivin again.. that sucks when you have a permit and want to drive constantly:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts