Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you need a licnec to fish around oc maryland ??????

·
Registered
79 Posts
You do not need a license to fish the ocean or other tidal waters around Ocean City, MD. The Ches. Bay is different and you do need a license.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
WrongWay I know that answer for sure
you dont need a liscense to fish va beach
caught a lot of flounder around july (last year) around the inlet. The inlet aint that big but had more luck down there then oc
plus all the entertainment is on the streets rather than on the the boardwalk!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Is it free for non-residents? If not will they accept my tide water/chesapeake liscence I got?

·
Registered
399 Posts
from what i know the ocean is a license free fishing area. in different states the costal bays do require a license. check with the local tackle shops in the areas. OC is free ocean and bays. VA beach is free ocean

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wrongway, You might want to check around if you get to Va Bch. I check the Va board regularly and was surprised to see that a license in now needed at Rudee Inlet. There were a few people that questioned that and the poster said that it was instituted last July. A couple of folks said that they had gotten $97 tickets for not having one. I really don't have the full picture on what the deal is so I would definitely check in with a bait store if you go down there. Good luck
Granpa

1 - 8 of 8 Posts