Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Well you could take 97 South to Rt. 50 east or Rt 2 South to Rt 50 East. Once you hit 50 it is only a couple miles east until you hit the Naval Academy exit. Take that and follow road. Once you get to bridge turn left just before it and then immediately turn right under the bridge and park. The fishing pier is next to the main bridge that goes over the water. Good luck and tight lines!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Rt 2

I think that Rt 2 will allow you to get there w/o getting on Rt 50/301, it ends there and you just follow the signs to the Naval Academy, not to Rt 50/301 East.
John

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Well your bottom feeders should be there. ie perch, spot, and croaker. Haven't heard too many reports from there lately because I don't think anyone has fished it much this year. I have caught blues, trout and stripers there last year but haven't made a stop there yet this year.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yeah but if you are truly "perchin" at the severn river bridge you should do ok. I have caught some large ones at spsp in the 10 to 12" ranges. So if that is what you are aiming for than I think you are heading to the right place.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
I went by there Saturday and Sunday and there was crowd both days so something must be biting. The croakers have moved to deep water so it was probably perch. My boat is docked not too far from there and my creek and pier are full of perch.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Well I actually think there is a size to make it jumbo but I would say anything over 10" is a jumbo pertaining to spot and perch.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yeah I am pretty quick to reply. My ventures to the water usually are spent on the weekend and maybe one time during the week. Single guy like me has all the time in the world.;) :D

·
Registered
374 Posts
Stopped by last week just before the sun went down. Majority of the people on the pier had hand lines out with chicken necks. Few people were pulling perch over the rails. Some small pods of dink rock were breaking the surface close to the shore.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts