Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went fishing over the weekend. The first stop was Marshall Hall. I caught the incoming tide however the action was really slow. I left from there and went about 10 miles upriver to the airport. The perch are there, nice size and good bites. If you fish there don't cast out very far as the fish are only about 30 yards offshore.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I caught about 11 white perch at Marshall Hall today only kept 3 which were 10 inches each. When the sun started going down they started hitting I just finished eating them for dinner and they were great.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
It's off of Indian Head Hwy (rt 210). If you're coming from I-95, you take rt 210 going south for approx: 13 miles. After you pass rt 228, another 5 min, you'll see McDonalds. That's Marshal Hall Rd. Turn right and go to the end and it's right there.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hello everybody:

Went to Tuckahoe State Park, Greensboro, Red Bridges, Hillsboro and Wye Mills yesterday in search of white perch. Action was very slow at the first 4 locations. It was only at the Wye Mills that we managed to catch at least 80 white perch. Most are throwbacks but we managed to keep around 30 that are of reasonable size. Used shad darts and small twister tails tipped with grass shrimp. So the good news is the fish is there but the bad news is that the sizes are pitiful. We were very disappointed in Red Bridges and Tuckahoe because at this time last year, we were literally catching hundreds of WP. Is the perch run just about over for RB, TSP and Hillsboro or it has not really started yet due to this crazy weather.

We want to catch perch again this weekend but now I am thinking of trying the western creeks like Allen's Fresh and Wayson's corner. Would appreciate any fishing reports from these areas? Are the white perch still running in these locations? Where can you buy bait (grass shrimp)? What about parking? And most important, how do we get there. We need directions coming from Springfield, VA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts