Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Penn is releasing the new Captiva Line of spinning reels right before christmas. Their listed from the smallest being 100yrds/4lbs to the largest 250yd/16lbs capacity. They'll have 11bb and ratios from 4.7 to 1 to 6.2 to 1. They should retail under 45.00 for the most expensive model.

Also released by penn is the Captiva Line liner. They'll have 10bb and either a 5.2 or 6.2 ratio. Capacities on them are 210/10lbs. for the smallest to 175yds/16lbs. I hope the listing is a typo for the 175 yds/16lbs since thats a little small for surf fishing. They'll retail between the upper forties to mid fifties. They also have a new captiva rod for combo sets but I don't have any info on them. Just thought I'd let you know about these so that you can add them to your christmas wish list. I'm sure if you contact some of the regular online retailers that you have done business with before, they will have info on them. I don't think that you'll see them at the regular mom and pop shop before the start of striper season in the spring.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts