Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is the penn battle 4000 or 5000 for the surf and the piers thanks for any information on them I know this site will no about them

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I love the battles. For the price. Great drag and gears and bearings are good. What type of fishing are you planning to do with it?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
You will like the Battle

·
Registered
929 Posts
I have four b2 now replacing stradics..sold-selling off most of my stradics down to a couple now..b2 are the best bang fur the buck and I've had one since the day it came out with no issues fished hard over with plugs jig lures thousands of cast monthly. I have a Penn conquer as well. And I can't see much difference between the two other then lower gear ratio ,but I did pick the conquer up used so maybe it lost some smoothness but still a nice Smooth reel.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I think they are both easily torn down. Only real difference is you can pull the sideplate off the battle without pulling off the rotor. I don't have any shimanos with worm gear oscillation though. Those have more parts.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Don't know what size they come in, but would def look at one in a smaller size for freshwater. Any recs???? I know, too sorry to look it up. But I've learned to trust the advise here more that what I look up or read since smaller reels aren't always made equal to the 4000/5000.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
The ONLY thing i dislike about the 2500 and under sizes in that freaking freespool switch on the bottom. I mean seriously who the heck uses it? Thats been the point of failure on all of my spinning reels EXCEPT my Battles. But still, theyve done away with that switch on the 3000 and up size reels so why keep it on the smaller reels? Who wants to reel backwards and make a huge mess? I have no Us for or desire the ability to "unreel" my line.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bought the reels fish them at bouge inlet pier absolutely loved them caught about 35 blow fish great eating size and poms and just a couple of spots they were catching some really nice flounder a few blues with plugs but do love the reels

1 - 18 of 18 Posts