Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at the Squall to replace my two Penn 525 mags. Ive had them a long time and they are showing alot of age. I love them but its time to upgrade. I trow 8 and bait and would like some feedback on the Squall. Im particularly concerned with the clicker holding up and loud enough for me to hear.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was wanting to do this with my squall but I could not for the life of me get the bearings out in order to degrease them. I tried to find a tutorial on this and could not. I didn't think it would be extremely hard. I was able to get down to the bearings but could not get them out of the spindle.

Anyone have any tips or know of anywhere I can see this done? thanks.

This is the first time I have ever taken my squall apart. I have done other reel work before but not on this type of reel so I am novice at such things.

·
Registered
229 Posts
as a surf fishermen....they are fine....I can't see why I would want to pull the bearings out....I expect those that buy these reels are using them for fishing.....!3 foot rods/5oz....the only issue I have had so far..(5years) is the little clicker for drag is cheap and wears out.....80cent part....I have replaced a few of them....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.