Pier and Surf Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
453 Posts
The Vega h will throw even more
UGHHHH...at my age I find it hard to truly load a 1509 any more to do the rod justice. At least for a long day of fishing I can't. That's why I love the forgiving nature of the 1508. I appreciate your insight.I had hoped the 12 ft dagger would do it but its just not got it past 6-7nbait , at least it doesn't for me. GREAT pomp rods though.

· Registered
10 Posts
UGHHHH...at my age I find it hard to truly load a 1509 any more to do the rod justice. At least for a long day of fishing I can't. That's why I love the forgiving nature of the 1508. I appreciate your insight.I had hoped the 12 ft dagger would do it but its just not got it past 6-7nbait , at least it doesn't for me. GREAT pomp rods though.
have you taken a look at rod geeks, they're super light and don't hurt the wallet as much as a cts.

· Registered
55 Posts
Not sure if you know it or not, but Penn does have some nice new 4.2m and 4.5m rods out, and I do believe there’s quite a selection of them!
They’re just not released over here in the US, not sure if they will be either!
Look up the new Penn Tidal Series at Tradeinn, they actually look pretty nice too!
Definitely thinking about trying one out!

EA

21 - 27 of 27 Posts