Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, rods, for those who have been asking here is some info: The three piece Nomad is 13ft and would be a good rod for all round fishing, it is NOT an 8 & bait type rod but for general stuff up to 6oz will perform. However, it is rung for multiplier use. Although I have written to Penn suggesting we make limited number rung for spinning reel, but don’t hold your breath!

As I think I mentioned, with a large spool the line come off in huge coils that slap the blank and need to be removed before travelling through the rest of the guides. However, the Surfmaster 70 spinning reel has a narrower spool while still holding 300 yards of 15lb mono and sends of much smaller coils. We have another three piece rod in the range below PPT and it casts very well with the Surfmaster 70, the rod using a 30mm butt guide, as does the Nomad.

Alternatively we do an Extreme Venom rung for fixed-spool which is good for up to 6oz – 7oz at a push, in the range below PPT but it casts well with a firm, through action.

All are available from my website, the Nomad is £265, the reel is £115 and the Venom FS is $200, both rods come fitted with the adjustable reel seat. All prices plus carriage, details on:

http://neilmackellow.co.uk/shop.html

BB

·
Registered
262 Posts
Neil-Power casting !!!

Neil, In your descriptions of the PPT rods, you write that the Sidewinder was used for baseball's in Camden Yards AND power-casting 10oz.'s in Hatteras. What is a power cast? I would have thought that the Sidewinder would have not been able to handle that kind of weight, because of its tip? :) Thanks, Larry.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Neil left five PPT's with me. Three of the five are sold. However, I do have one of the new Sidewinders that Neil used in the clinic last week and Vengence on hand. If you get these rods you can save on freight since they are already here in the US. The original plan was to hold them for Neil's next trip to the US. However, since everyone wants them they can be sold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.