Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using my penn 155 on a 10" jarvis walker tuff tip rod. I am throwing 4oz only between 40 and 50 yards, same as my baitrunner 6500 on a 9' rod. (with the same weight). Is that jsut an ave cast with that particular reel, or could I be getting much more distance out of it? Have any of you used it before?

todd

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome, longcaster.

I took the beachmaster 155 back today and traded it in for a 500L jigmaster. I hope this is a better reel. I have not casted it yet, but it seems much smoother. It is bigger, but most important, the drag seems much more efficient. on the 155, I was able to turn the star drag 1/16 of a revolution and it would take the drag from apprx 1lb to 5lb pressure. It just seemed too unreliable if I were fighting a big fish and had to adjust the drag during battle.

I posted another thread about 525 mags and 535 gs's. I opted not to go for either just because of cost. It really didn't fit into my budget. I do appreciate the reply nserch. Hope to see you out there tomorrow.

I am interested in going to one of the casting classes, but I live in Virginia Beach and you all are quite a distance away from me. Do you ever travel south? Please post ahead of time if you do bring the class south for a weekend :D

todd

1 - 3 of 3 Posts