Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so being in the right frame of mind, and knowing that Fishing Naples pier on Sunday may be a recipe for crowd anxiety...I tried again yesterday. 8:00 am....Macks were schooled up and chasing bait on the end and managed to pop a few in the 17 in. range on a 1/2 silver prismed Diamond Jig. The Jacks were noticeably toned down in their activity all day and after the Mack attack the action slowed and extinguished to a low flame and then dribbled out all together...it was basically calm, flat, HOT as HADES-(managed to get a farmers tan) TOO "pretty" of a day? Some nice SNOOK were easy game in the shade beneath the pier if one wanted to bother them and saw a few caught and released...I stayed with the "keepable" fish strategy...Saw one 80 pound STINGRAY, and 4 BLACKTIP shark in the 3 ft. range put on the wood then released by the TARPON fishermen w/ the big tackle casting from the end with chunks of cut MACK. It was much less crowded...and the company was good and the locals are a pleasure to fish with here in Naples...lending advice freely and all in all I had a great day on the pier....The JACKS would occasionally swarm and frenzy but always out of range...it's still exciting to see them do it though....No POMPANO were caught by anyone...nor much of anything substantial...left at 5:00pm with a smile and confidence I'd catch em next time...getthanetitzzabiggun!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.