Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got to fish about 2:45 AM Sat. The tide was rolling and rough on the bay side. I caught a small spot and I knew that it was a possibility that some blues were in the area because I was not catching anything. I caught a nice 15 inch blue and a 10 inch blue. So, I knew there was no chance I would catch anything else. I wanted spots and croakers. Went to Hogs Pt and caught 2 croakers instantly about 12 inches and then about 4 am nothing as the sun was coming up. I did see what I thought was a sailboat race. Went back to the bay side and used a spot head to try for some blues. You know what happens when u target fish right? I see my 10 footer start to bow slowing and I knew it was a big skate. The drag starts to scream and it is on. A 15 minute fight and I get him to the rocks and destiny would have it I only lost a hook:) Shut it down about 7 AM:fishing:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Damn those skates if only they were good eats.
The last on that I caught at PAX a man took it home saying that he was going to cook it.
He eats skate and eels. craazzyy

·
Registered
689 Posts
Brother, I am going to Wendys, or starve. Not eating that ugly animal. You will see me on your corner with a sign, that says I am old, fat, and ugly, please feed me cause ia aint eatin no skate.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Brother, I am going to Wendys, or starve. Not eating that ugly animal. You will see me on your corner with a sign, that says I am old, fat, and ugly, please feed me cause ia aint eatin no skate.
I will be standing beside you. Everyone tslls me that that is where bay scallops come from. I do not eat scallops anymore. I just cannot imaging eating something like that.
:--|:--|

1 - 6 of 6 Posts