Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Sorry this report is late. Fished the Pax River Thurday night into Friday morning. Fished between Pax River Station, and Town Creek. Not impressed. Caught a mix of small croaker, perch, good size spot (only 4 caught), and one rock about 14in. The rock only had one eye. Did not seem to bother his eating. All in all not impressed. Most fish caught in 25 to 40 feet of water. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I was on my fathers' boat. Monday we decided to fish our waters on the Potomac (Rt. 301 Bridge). Impressed this time. Caught a total of 65 fish. Caught 45 horse croaker (average size 16in.), 15 Cats (average size 4lbs), 10 White perch (small, used as bait), and one lonely Bluefish which was about 5ins long. That was the smallest Blue I've ever caught. All fish above caught on squid or cut perch. Fish on the potomac were holding in about 9 to 12 feet of water.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Nice report FISHINHOLE! So not much going on at PAX huh. I think you might have done better off of shore there. Nice catches near the 301 bridge. At least you got into some fish.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Better late than never FISHN'. Do you think there is any action down at the Harry Nice Bridge (301 Bridge) on the VA side?? I have gone down there before but have only caught fish on the smallish side. Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SKULLY

I seen quite a few fish breaking in that area. I do not see why the larger fish would not be in area. If you go watch the tides. The outgoing tide has always been the best for that area. You can still catch fish on the incoming. On the slack tides count on catching catfish. Good Luck. If you decide to go on the Virginia side one saturday give me a holler I just may meet you there. I live on the Maryland next to Goose Bay Marina in Welcome, MD. I'm still not sure if night fishing is permitted?

·
Registered
93 Posts
FISHNHOLE

Everytime I go there it's at night and no one has ever bothered us. I have seen signs posted but until someone says something to me, or a bear or something jumps out of the woods behind me I will continue to fish there without any remorse. I may venture down there next weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts