Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read in the paper of the passing of Tom Hengst. He was a nice guy and really gave me some insight into fishing Delaware.
Water Shorts Recreation Fish Fisherman
k9 no

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He told me his favorite fishing rod had become unusable. As a rodbuilder, I told him I would take a look at it.
The reel seat needed to be replaced, the cork grips were shot, and the guides all needed to be rewrapped as they were frayed. As a gift to him, I replaced the reel seat, cork grips, and rewrapped all the guides and tip top with new thread. The rod was almost new again. He was really surprised how good it looked when I gave it back to him. Back to CHP he went!

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
Is this the guy who the bucket brigade used to go fish with who would post pictures of large fish on this site? I never met him but he sure seemed like a real dude.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
LOL !! Milt, I was. But I had troublemakers buddies that got themselves banned. Man, that was the good ole days...
They were the golden days for sure! I miss them and all the characters and good times on the beach. It didn’t matter which beach or state, you were bound to run into someone you knew. All of them legends.

Hope you’re doing well And see you on the beach….somewhere.

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
Hey Trevor, nice to hear from you.

Yes, it was the WBB and I was not the ringleader. LOL!!!
Hi Pete,
A little update: I had a stroke last July. While I am walking ok with a walker or a cane, I still cannot move my left hand, arms, or fingers. I’ve been going to Physical therapy pretty regularly. Not sure how one is supposed to fish one-handed.

I have some good memories of fishing with the WBB.Nice folks who took fishing seriously and took life a little less seriously. That’s a good thing when it comes to having fun.

I hope everyone is doing well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts