Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i got about 4 outings in this weekend. I hit the surf Friday and Saturday evening and this morning. The only thing hitting really was the whiting, but there were as many as you could catch. I loaded up on all whiting each time. Only other species that hit was ladyfish. I did have one redfish almost to shore but the crafty little bastard spit the hook. I went down to the pass at the state park in search of flounder but after about 4 solid hours of walking all around the pass and the bay I came back empty handed.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
I was just out looking for flounder today. Got 3 that might have been legal or close but tossed them back. Only saw a couple good ones, I was back on Deepwater Point. I did see a couple of baby grouper caught by people using live bait.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was just out looking for flounder today. Got 3 that might have been legal or close but tossed them back. Only saw a couple good ones, I was back on Deepwater Point. I did see a couple of baby grouper caught by people using live bait.
Whatd they hit?? :confused:

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Live bait: Finger mullet and small pinfish.

Jigs: Gulp, some jigs tipped with cut lizardfish.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Are you still here? I'm going to try to maybe sneak out and fish a little tomorrow. I'm also off on Friday and Sunday. Friday is my birthday so I intend to get some fishing done.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you still here? I'm going to try to maybe sneak out and fish a little tomorrow. I'm also off on Friday and Sunday. Friday is my birthday so I intend to get some fishing done.

nah man i had to come back up to auburn to take care of my classes but ill be back down thursday or friday

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
I'm going to try to fish Friday so maybe we can meet up and fish.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Went for a little while this morning. Caught 3 fish in my first 4 casts. 2 dinks and one nice fish. Ended up with 3 respectable fish and tossed 4 or 5 back. Caught all of them on Gulp! plus saw a good number caught by other people.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Probably when the gate opens at 8. I have to drop the kid off at school before I go.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
gotcha, well ill let you know by tomorrow if im gonna be there then cause unfortunately its looking like i might have to wait till friday afternoon to head down, but not sure yet. you still thinking about going on sunday?

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Yeah, I can probably go on Sunday. Friday, I realized I have a chiropractor appointment at 11am so I won't be able to get out as early as I would like. Let's try and fish Sunday, I'll shoot you a PM with my number.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts