Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed out to the Panama City Pier last night about sunset. There wasn't that many people to start with but it filled up pretty fast.

Not many people were catching anything. Some guys were fishing around the pylons for grouper but I never did see them catch anything.

I did manage a keep Mango before the night was over.

About 8:30 the spanish moved in and started busting the water. I started throwing Gotchas but for some reason they didn't like it too much. I did hook into one spanish but he threw the hook and then a ladyfish decided she wanted to give it a try.

There were plenty of crabs being caught if you were bottom fishing.

NCTrader03

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Are you talking about the pier at St. Andrews or somewhere else?

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Ok, the Marina, that makes sense. Also there are grouper down there.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some guys were fishing for Grouper but I never did see anyone bring any in. They were fishing with minnows up next to the pylons. Is this the best way to fish for them and is minnows the best thing to use?

What about the St. Andrews Marina, do you know anything about that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Some guys were fishing for Grouper but I never did see anyone bring any in. They were fishing with minnows up next to the pylons. Is this the best way to fish for them and is minnows the best thing to use?

What about the St. Andrews Marina, do you know anything about that?

Saint andrews marina is a hotspot for small-medium sized grouper. Just drop a live or cut bait right off the seawall, make sure you have stout enough tackle to hoss them out of there though because there are lots of nooks and crannies down there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts