Pier and Surf Forum banner

41 - 60 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Orest said:
mind, I was think the same thing yesterday. I have neither, but will check the local thrift store for a P&S Fling MicroWave.

Is the 120v at the park, we could just run some electrical cords.

Heck I wouldn't mind having a little P&S refrig for our Flings.

Like at IRI pavillion there was power, we could out used both, microwave and refrig.
Don't remember if there's power there or not. It's not really a pavillion, so I'm gonna guess not.

We're getting there early and eating later so a little microwave would come in handy for sure. I'll also keep an eye out for one. If you get one, look on the back first and make sure it draws under 400watts if we're gonna use my dc/ac converter.

This trip a fridge may not be needed. Good chance it'll still be cool out. May wish we had a coffee pot though. :p

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
DNR also is proposing a starting date of March 1 instead of March 15 for the catch-and-release season

Now, don't know for sure, most of article talked about the Susquehanna Flats area, but is this date for the entire bay area? If so, as fishermen who try and abide by the rules, should we plan a catch and release get together, before the C&R season is underway?

Just my two cents worth, but if C&R season doesn't begin until March 15, I may attend get together, but will be rodless on March 5.

Nevermind,just goes to show, you can't believe everything you read in a newspaper.

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries/regulations/recregchrt.html

Have Jeep will travel :D

·
Registered
893 Posts
Catch & Release Only Apply to Susquehanna Flats

Every year we go through all this. I emailed DNR last year to clarify this issue. Unfortunately, I no longer have the email reply.

However, Catch and Release DNR regulations only apply to the Susquehanna Flats. So you can go to SPSP now and catch rockfish for fun and release them, but if you go to Susquehanna Flats before March 1, you better prove to the game warden that you are not targeting rockfish. :eek: So if you are fishing for white perch and catch a rockfish by accident, the game warden is going to be very suspicious :(

·
Registered
145 Posts
Going to try to make it

Orest, I am going to try and make it. Probably will have to take leave, but fishing is better than work anyday... :D

I 'll bring Brauts, Rolls, SuerKraut, fried onion/Mushroom toppins for em. That way I can pick Mark's brain on Distance casting ;) :D looking forward to seein ya , Mark!

I never made it to one of your all's flings before, are they Kid Friendly? I would like to Bring my 16 year old son, Charlie. You never know with critters like Shaggy, Hat80, and Nsearch4 hangin around...LOL ;) :D Does anyone else bring their tribes with them?

Hooks up,
Forrest

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Kid frienfly, just ask Murph and his son Liam.

http://www.pierandsurf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11273&highlight=angler+month

As with any family, some have kids that fish, and then there are my two daughters, one wants nothing to do with it, and one occassionally, and if at AI with her, she may last about five minutes, then off exploring the Island for hours sometimes. She'll climb the dunes to look for the Jeep and has always made it back safe and sound, and with lots of "STUFF"

Oh yeah Forest, with kids and ladies around, we do try to behave ourselves a bit, and sometimes it even works!

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'm all for this :D :D

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Gee Al, it does appear that way. You started it so you're in charge of it. Just remember the key word in your statement "legal"

·
Registered
145 Posts
This sounds good to me!

Biggest legal Fish.....Me and Charlie are in! Nothing like a good Calcutta to kick things into High gear!

Hooks up,
Forrest

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
1. Longest fish(or lenght and girth)

and or whoever catches the most....

Boys, i have a feeling the pool will be for one of the members of the VA Asian Connexxxxxion

neil

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
ahhh, come on Bubba, this could have been fun for me. Guess now that the thinking part is over, without Al's input, which may have taken him ALL weekend, all that is left legal will be, croaker (probably won't be around), perch (ditto, unless Jason shows up with that trick cooler), skate AIn't a fish, blues, figure too early, so now Al, you got to come up with something.

Sorry Forest and kids, but Al, how bout a Bud light drinking contest, the last fisherman standing takes the pot, then has to go get some more? :eek:

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
shaggy said:
Al, how bout a Bud light drinking contest, the last fisherman standing takes the pot, then has to go get some more? :eek:

Shag,just dont let me put the beer in my truck...I might drive off :D

41 - 60 of 121 Posts