Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we have had some personal matters come up was wondering who is coming. I know Kenmefish is down already an I'll be there along with Wilber. Who else?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Have one for me Cdog . I will be there in spirit always . But one of these days I will surprise you all .:cool:

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Okay, as of now Anthony and I are in. Will leave sometime Friday morning, and figuring about a six hour drive. Now the important stuff. After we get onto 95 south, what do we look for to get to Kill Devil Hills?

And once there, where should we hope to get to, to fish and meet friends we have never met?

Oh yeah, say a prayer for the Jeep, she never had to travel so far.

Have Jeep will travel.:D

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Not bad Cdog . Fishing as often as possible , maybe not always with the results we all like to have . But its fishin and I'm not shovelin snow . :D You land that biggun Cdog :D

Oh yeah, say a prayer for the Jeep, she never had to travel so far.
And this one's for ya shaggy . Have a save trip and Good Luck to all attending the gathering .:D

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
I am in.I should be there @ 7ish in the AM.

Wilbur shoot me a PM.I want to make sure I am headed the right way,MP4 right?

Cdog,hope to finally meet ya!

Shaggy and Ant,hope yall make it safely!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Cdog, Ken and Nserch, I will see you there.
Shaggy and Anthony, you guys come on down, we will find a place for you. Don't worry about a thing.

PS Shaggy, stop by the trailer on Friday when you get down, MP 4-5 line Decharmenal Park, Sibbern Drive, trailer 87, red Mountianeer.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Shaggy

here's directions from DC via Mapquest.

DIRECTIONS DISTANCE

1: Start out going East on E ST NW toward ELLIPSE RD NW. 0.17 miles

2: E ST NW becomes PENNSYLVANIA AVE NW. 0.09 miles

3: Turn RIGHT onto 14TH ST NW. 0.82 miles

4: 14TH ST NW becomes US-1 S. 1.44 miles

5: US-1 S becomes I-395 S. 9.55 miles

6: I-395 S becomes I-95 S. 84.57 miles

7: Merge onto I-295 S via exit number 84A- on the left- toward ROCKY MT NC. 14.67 miles

8: Merge onto I-64 E via exit number 28A toward NORFOLK/ VA BEACH. 63.97 miles

9: Merge onto HAMPTON ROADS via exit number 264 toward DOWNTOWN/ NEWPORT NEWS/ SUFFOLK/ CHESAPEAKE. 28.28 miles

10: Merge onto VA-168 S via exit number 291B toward GREAT BRIDGE/ NAGS HEAD (Portions toll). 34.70 miles

11: VA-168 S becomes US-158 S. 31.51 miles

12: Turn RIGHT onto W KITTY HAWK RD. 0.76 miles

13: Turn LEFT onto ELIJAH BAUM RD. 0.01 miles

Total Estimated Time: Total Distance: 270.55 miles
4 hours, 55 minutes

Gimma a buzz on th cell when ya get down an we'll meet up,maybe at Wilbers.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Hope I am correct in assuming 95 south is the better route down from Maryland than 301. Now need directions from 95 after we enter North Carolina.

Any help out there? And does anybody have a guestimate of travel time from the Annapolis/DC are (I'm figuring about six hours)?

Thanks, hope to see some by early tomorrow afternoon.

Have Jeep (and Anthony) will travel. :D

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I just got a confirmation that "The Grill Sargent" will attend the Bash. You boys are in for some fine vittles.

How 'bout,
Shrimp Kabobs
Fried Scallops
Striper on the grill
and Nsearch is bring BBQ.

Hot Dang, I can't wait.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Room for a newbie?

Is there room for an eastcoast striper fishing newbie at this bash? Anyone want to show me how it's done?

I grew up catching stripers in the Sacramento delta and did some surf fishing for them in Monterey California. From what I read on this board it is a lot different fishing.

Won't know for sure if I can make it until tonight but it looks like a chance to learn from the experts. I even physically qualify for the IFMBA.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
We would love to have you, come on down. There are directions all over this board.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I'm outta here. See ya Sat morn if not before. Everybody drive safe an keep a look out for th other guy.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Hey Cdog when did you plan on getting there? Me and shaggy will be there friday afternoon. Maybe we can meet up so you could show us the ropes.

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
I'm in ! 1993 regular cab Ford F-150 4x4 black&grey w/grey cap, rod/cooler rack, and a crazed look in my eyes. KH (Black Pelican) 6-7am window to meet folks/say hello, discuss fishin' plans, and score a few baits if possible ;)

NE wind should help us - will see ?!

`bucket

and yes Wilber, I'll be bringing a few eels just in case :D

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Don't forget to gets some for us northern folks like me who is already starting to feel the cabin fever illness

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Anthony, got both Cdog's and Wilber's cell numbers and directions to the "Rusty Ritz", so we will be able to meet up when we arrive. Like I said, figure we can use some frozen and then pick up some fresh sometime Friday early Saturday for some Friday night or Saturday, Saturday night or all fishing. I would like to leave Sunday maybe early, seems as if they may be calling for some more snow activity in our neck of the woods. If so, and Saturday night, Sunday morning and fish are biting, maybe stay, but would like to be home by around 4 - 5 pm to catch some of the Ravens/Raiders game.

Have Jeep will travel.:D

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Sounds good to me. I can't wait to go fishing. I haven't been since before thanksgiving. Longest non fishing streak since I started in april. Can't wait to be in NC with the pros.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Another thing Anthony, should I call or post ya here when I am ready to leave? It would give ya about 45 minutes to be ready. I'm figuring on leaving here by six, but maybe earlier. PM me and let me know, then you will know about when to expect.

Have Jeep will travel. :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts