Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody tried both of the lines and can give me pros and cons on them. i am use to using mono do to the price of filling a few spools rather than one. sometimes you can find some good deals though.

thanks

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hey indio I am using p-line on one of my poles and am very impressed with it actually. It has casted very well and is very strong. It doesn't seem to have much memory on it so haven't got any tangles yet. Just make sure when you spool it you do it tight so not to cause any birds nest or backlashes. I think it was worth the money. Just my .03 cents

·
Registered
680 Posts
its all personal choice. i use power pro and have had no problems. pp is round and i believe it casts great. fl is oval shaped and i like it but as i said, personal choice.:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
112 Posts
What are you wanting to compare, INDIO? P-line is mono and Fireline is braid. If you are going with braid, go with the Power Pro. I've heard good things about P-line about its castability and strength. If you are fishing for bigger fish from piers, jetties, or inlets go with the power pro.

·
Registered
823 Posts
dont know about the fireline.............. the p line is great stuff

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry i was'nt clear the new age braid i belive it's the power pro
vs the fireline.also whats the diffrence in pricing?

thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
P LINE

i have been useing 30#p line for bridge duties and i must say its stronger then big game /trilene/and ande honest as far as a which is better fire/ or p line never used the fire !zoom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts