Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
HMMM!

Well I believe there is a couple small ones there on the cambridge side at the end if you cast toward the new bridge at an angle from the left corner. And if you cast straight out away from bridge about 1 light from end. The one I believe you are talking about is on the talbot side. I believe it is about 2 to 3 lights from the end and on the side away from the new bridge. Not sure how far out it is but am sure catman, triggerfish or some other regular will be able to give you a good distance. PSSST! some good fishing in that spot:D

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
On the Cambridge side go to the third light pole from the end,once you get there go between the second and third light on the river side(not the bridge side) cast out about 50 yrds. to the right at an angle you should be right on top of one of the oyster beds,the other one is a little to your left about 8 to 10 feet from the second pole and about 40 to 50 yds. out,I was catching large croaker this year one after another. Make sure you leave some for us,don't catch them all. bait to use bloods and small shrimp,get the shrimp from Gaint. TRIGGER:D :D

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Shoot I think there is oyster beds all over the end of the cambridge side. Just don't cast straight off the end of the pier towards the talbot side in the channel. There is a lot of reminents of the part that they tore down. ie cables and concrete that you will lose your rig on every time.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings TRIGGERFISH!

Sheesh, guess I'll have to get to the pier at noon now if I want to stake out my favorite spot for the night. At least you didn't mention the little channel just about 20 feet off the pier (on the river side, of course!) Dang, now you've got ME doing it. Anywho, if the tide is up and you're not dragging in an occasional "Dorchester Ashtray", you're not in the right spot. If you're pulling in toadies and sea grapes, you're on the mudflat. Liveline in the channel....

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HAA HAA... thanks Jake...

What do you mean by river side? Talbolt or cambridge or New bridge side?

Last time I was there i had good luck inbetween pier and the new bridge, I caught a toadie when I dropped my bait straight down, like in 5 seconds. So, when I catch toadies I'm in the right place?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings janguah!

(Did they ever find out who stole those rice cakes?)

When you're fishing on the old bridge/pier, the rail facing the new RT 50 bridge is the bridge side. The rail facing upstream (towards the new Hyatt) is the river side. Most people adjust their fishing according to the tide, facing the bridge when the tide is going out, and fishing "up-river" when the tide is coming in, especially when livelining. Bottomfishing with the tide also allows you to use less weight to hold bottom.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.