Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stored my three kayaks in my garage for the last four years. They stack well but they take up too much floor space in the garage. I would really like to keep my second vehicle there this winter. I know a lot of you keep your kayaks outside. How do you do it? I don't want to just put them on the ground and cover them with a tarp. I've thought about building a rack but I don't want to attach it to the house or the fence ( too many flower beds and shrubs). Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Rack

I built one for my back yard. Minded there's no yaks in the pix, but I think you'll get the picture:

It works well when you're out of town or need the yak off of your truck for some reason.

Skunk

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Skunk,

Got a question about your rack. Are those pre-made j-brackets? If so, where did you find them? My pastor has two yaks and built a pretty elaborate contraption that cradles his between 4x4's on a weather proof fabric so the hulls don't conform to the shape of the brackets. I'm guessing you lay yours in on their sides? Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts