I need a little help with the surf fishing gig. I am an accomplished fisherman from a boat but the surf thing is driving me crazy. Can't catch anything significant. I use the same baits as others say they use but most of the time I catch NADA!! So I would appreciate it if you would answer a few questions for me:
1. How do you cut your fresh fish bait ?
2. What type of bait do you recommend for Drum and Striper in the surf?
3. How far from shore do you fish...max cast? med cast? etc..
4. What kind of rig do you use? Fish finder, Hi-low custom, standard bottom, break away rig etc...
5. What time of day is the best time for fishing Haterras in late Nov and early Dec?
6. What do you look for when reading the beach for a good fish site?
7. Do you hold your rod the entire time or do you watch the line with the rod in the rod holder?
A forum community dedicated to fishing and boat owners and enthusiasts along the East Coast and Gulf area. Come join the discussion about piers, safety, gear, tackle, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!