Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of heading to OBX this weekend - anyone had luck on the more northern piers/beaches, or should I just think about Hatteras?

Also, i am guessing I'll need waders (I usually surfish in warmer weather) - any advice on where/what brands are good and not too much $$?

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Fraid I don't know about th KDH, Nagshead area but when I stopped in Rodanthe for bait Friday he said th N Beach had been slow. I didn't even see a fish get caught this weekend all though I heard there were some caught.But next weekend could be a total different story.

BTW you might want to start looking for bait in KDH if heading all th way down. I got some bait at Hat Jacks but I couldn't find any in Buxton fri night.

Oh yeah and th waders,most of th tackle shops will have em an should have from th cheapies to th $$$$. I got a pair of 3mm Red Ball neo waders for about $100 in nagshead last winter.

·
Super Moderator
10,102 Posts
Do not pass GO,Go to Hatteras.. It was kinda slow this weekend,a few caught off point 3 o'clock Sat,on metal.. One here one there,but from the surf,(some specks and pups were caught at jettys near lighthouse as well)much better than up north. As far as waders,neophreme cost a little less than breathables,but breathables the way to go according to most folks.. :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback. I'm on the fence about driving down (I live in Richmond) right now. May try to stay closer to home.

D

·
0 Posts
I've heard about Off Island slough being productive right now...little dirt road at the end of the Bodie Island lighhouse parking lot...ya gotta walk it. Sometimes theres a few guys already there...try around dawn and dusk at the far ends of the channel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts