Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, doc says I have tennis elbow, told him impossible, don't play tennis, but so it is :mad:. Told me to take a break from my fishing for two to three weeks, to give it time, or it would only get worse. :eek:

Anyhow, do I have any volunteers to act as a "surrogate" caster? Really, knowing me, I'll just cut back on the fishing and not eliminate it. Maybe even practice a left handed cast.

Have Jeep will travel. :D

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Sorry to hear about your "fishing elbow" hope you get better soon and if you should go out and try to throw lefty can I watch,should be interresting to watch you learn to cast. lol:D :D

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Elbow Pain

That's painful Shaggy, I used to get the same thing from playing too much golf. Rest is really the only thing that works. I'm sure Liam wouldn't mine casting for you. You should have seen him flinging my 8' Solaris last weekend, he had a blast. ave a great Turkey Day! Thanks for the weather link.:)

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hey if we go again I will cast for you but I can't promise if you get one that I won't real it in too:p No seriously if we meet up again soon I'll volunteer to help you out.:)

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Sorry to hear about the elbow Viking. Like Murph, I experienced the same thing when I addicted to the little white ball. He's right, rest is the only cure. I found that cold beer applied form the inside also helps.:D Enjoy your Thanksgiving my friend and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks ya'll, and hopefully Murph you figured out how to tweek it to the area of your choosing. I don't know though, be a week Friday since I been fishing and to AI, and though off tomorrow, commitments more than elbow curtail any fishing fantasies. Just don't know if I could make two - three weeks. Would less lead and maybe not trying to "heave" the suckers maybe be okay on the elbow by Tuesday? Used to play 18 holes once a week (now more like once maybe twice a month), but never had any elbow "inflamation". Just can't figure, figured eyes or hair first to go, then maybe a beer gut or something ahh but lifes little curves. I'll abstain as long as mentally possible, but , don't know how long that is.

Oh yeah Murph, have a digital camera ready for that gift when he opens it, can't wait to see the look in his eyes. And if possible, could you maybe pick me up a 2004 Delaware out of state beach permit? If so let me know, and I'll pm you my address.

Hope turkey day is great for all.

·
Registered
114 Posts
oh noooooo.. so sorry to hear you arent feelin well. gotta rest it. period. we all send you hopes for a speedy and full recovery shaggy..... :)

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Hey shaggy
Sorry to hear about your Inflammation problem. Lateral Epicondylitis or "Tennis Elbow" I had both of my elbows operated about 10 years ago . Same thing use will only aggravate the situation . Had it done and they are as good as new.

What causes it? Routine use of the arm or an injury to this area may stress or damage the muscle attachment and cause tennis elbow symptoms. Generally, people who develop this problem may be involved in activities with motion of the wrist and arm or lifting with the palm side of the hand facing down. The condition is quite common in our late 30s and early 40s.

Rehab was a long process and it was no fun learning how to do certain things with the none dominate hand .It was a pain but had no choice but to do it the pain was intense. If you have to have surgery which I hope you don't make sure you get a really good surgeon. I had one that performed hand surgeries on the ball players, pitchers mostly . DR William Butterball what a name just in time for Turkey Day .:p It would'nt happen to be work related ? Mine was .
Rest those puppies for a while and take care .:D

FYI
http://www.hand-surg.org/Content/NavigationMenu/Patients_and_Public/Hand_Problems_and_Diseases/Lateral_Epicondylitis/Lateral_Epicondylitis.htm

·
Registered
634 Posts
shaggy..i'm going through the same thing right now..my right elbow has been inflamed for the last 2 months...i've tried cutting back on fishing/casting...that seemed to help... but i spend alot of time on the computer.. wether its surfing,chatting and playing computer games...to make matters worst i think i have carpal tunnel:(..now its radiating to my right bicep...i think i'm facked lol

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have a soft tissue disorder which causes "tendonitis" in various places on my body. Hips, knees and most often shoulders, elbows and now my wrist. It is very painful, but nothing that can be done for it, so I grin and bare it. I know it will always move to another place in a few weeks or so. Good luck and rest so you will heal and get back to casting for the big one.

DG

·
Registered
823 Posts
REST, ANTI-INFLAMMATORY MEDS AND go buy you a tendonitis strap at drug store

·
Registered
114 Posts
Manganese is good. Excellent for soft tissure repair. Wont help with the pain, but will help with the problem that's causing the inflamation. If you cant find any. let me know, and I will send you some.
Suz

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Sorry to hear about your hurt Shaggy I know what your going through I cut my season short this year because of my shoulder so I looking forward to next year already.

Take care of yourself and come back stronger.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hoping for KDH December 12 - December 14, then maybe hang up rods until February March (if possible), wait and see how elbow feels. Am going to rest elbow until then, and probably take only two rods, and maybe if lucky won't have to toss more than 4 and bait.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts