Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby and I spent last week in Nagshead, we fished 4 times last week, and then on the spur of the moment went 4 wheeling one last time before the drive home. We were at the beach across from Oregon Inlet and were riding around and a little girl caught a 32'' striper, and we decided to put a pole in. It turned out to be the best decision we've made yet. In less than half an hour I had hooked up and brought in a 37" striper. the biggest fish I have ever caught. He had a girth of 20" and he weighed 18lbs. We didn't catch anything else, but had a few other bites. The ocean side is slow at times, but the fish are out there. Our neighbors down there went out in boats every day and caught over 20+ stripers of nice size, but we never saw any red drum. Surf temps were about 62 degrees. Just wanted to post in case anyone is thinking of going. Now we just have to figure out how to get back there. It may be a little while on the pic, we have a digital camera and know how to take pictures and save them on computer, but no idea how to send them to anyone! My brother in=law says we need some type of photo program to re-size and send them. Ok next question, how do you get a photo with a tape measure that is readable? We tried this a couple of times, but to get the fish in the picture you have to zoom out, then you can't read the tape measure. I'd love to know how to do this for future reference!
Jules:)

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
julesvaughan2 said:
In less than half an hour I had hooked up and brought in a 37" striper. the biggest fish I have ever caught. He had a girth of 20" and he weighed 18lbs.

My brother in=law says we need some type of photo program to re-size and send them. Ok next question, how do you get a photo with a tape measure that is readable? We tried this a couple of times, but to get the fish in the picture you have to zoom out, then you can't read the tape measure. I'd love to know how to do this for future reference!
Jules:)

Congrats on your biggest fish! :cool:

As far as photo apps, you should have one that came with your camera software, if not, plenty to download for free on the net. If your pics are too big to send, make sure you're not saving as "bmp" files, but save as "jpeg" files.

Fish and tape measure, try not to use the zoom at all, just get close as you can to the fish/keeping it in the shot. Try a different angle on the measure, get a bigger tape measure, use a yardstick ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts