Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK folks...I'm coming down to the Ormond Beach area 5/7. Can anyone give me the scoop on the surf conditions, pier conditions, (especially the Granada pier) and suggest any good spots more or less in the Ormond Beach area. It would be greatly appreciated. **Spending a week with the mother-in-law so I'm in desperate need of alot of quality fishing spots** PLEASE HELP ME! *LOL* :beer::fishing::D

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you plan on casting into the surf from the Granada pier, I hope you can cast up to a mile literally. That pier is located on the Halifax River. :eek:

Yesterday the surf conditions were ok, water a bit on the dirty side but that didn't seem to stop the whiting bite. Should be cleared up by the time you get there though. If it hasn't, get more :beer:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Haven't heard much this year about anything coming from that pier. I fish up that way now and then but normally from the boat. Snook has been good at night, under slot reds in backwtaers, small tarpon are making their presents known, (caught one last week), and caught 1 small mango last week. Not worth keeping though. Where one is, there is sure more to follow is my guess. Ladyfish are real heavy the last two days. Lots of rays and catfish in the waters this year making things a tad difficult to get good fish hooked up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.