Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know if anyone has been there striper fishing. Any good places to surf fish that you know of? Strongly thinking about making that run the weekend of the 19th of Dec. Wanna know if anyone have any ideas on the best boat to charter. I'm looking for quality and quantity here! Anyone thinking about going?

:beer:
+:fishing:

·
Registered
996 Posts
Drive to Virginia Beach instead and charter out of Rudee Inlet. On the fish in a few minutes instead of a few hours when the OI guys have to run up to the VA line to find fish.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
The OI guys are doing just fine right here at home, plus if you want to surf fish, you can!
Exactly......If you know where, no driving to it.;);)

·
Registered
996 Posts
All the reports I've heard is that it's been hit and miss so far. I came down the last week of Dec 4 years in a row and 3 of the 4 the schools were 50-60 miles North.

We switched our end of the year trip to Rudee last year and limited out on 20-30 pound fish. We're going out of Rudee again this year on the 27th plus squeezing in some surf fishing.

Heck, I might even tie my yak on top of the van and bring it along for a sleigh ride.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Reelbuzz.com has alot of the reports from the charters up that way as well as tw's tackle that should keep you updated daily

1 - 7 of 7 Posts