Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So staying at Oregon Inlet Campground first two weeks of April. Besides the Marina where’s a area to put kayaks in to fish the sound area. Was looking at Bodie Lighthouse area. I guess you can drive all the way to the sound and put in? Usually fish and camp south Hatteras. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Ted

·
Registered
122 Posts
You can put in by the charter boats at oi marina...You can launch at bodie, but it's about a 1/4mile hike with your gear from where you can park. Early april can be more miss than hit here. If the weather cooperates there can be some good speck fishing in the surf. Shad fishing off of the piers is fun too. Crappie fishing will be good not too far from here if all else fails. You can message me on here when you are in town and I will help you out if I can

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, wasn’t sure if you could drive all the way to the water behind Bodie. Don’t mind driving back to park. Can leave the wife with the kayaks and gear. Or do you mean it’s a 1/4 mile drag with the yaks to the water? I’ve surf fished a lot at Oregon Inlet but for the past 7 years I’ve camped and stayed South Hatteras usually putting in by the Coast Guard station. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You cannot drive down to creek unless you are a member of the hunt club over there. It's kind of a good thing. It's a long enough walk to thin out some of the crowd

·
Registered
122 Posts
The water temperature is going to be way colder at oi than hatters village. I've you can change plans to stay down there I would. Like I said, fishing can be pretty dead up here until water hits mid 50s

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. We camp at South Hatteras for the whole month of October. So, looking for a little cheeper for a couple weeks in April. Hopefully we’ll get into something. Appreciate the reply’s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts