Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He a crazy question that might be a little fun if you were in a Striped Bass contest and was told you can use only one lure what would that be and the conditions are perfect for Stripers this was a debate I was having during a slow day of fishing a most picked a bucktail.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I too would pick a bucktail, they are just so versatile. Just as long as I could add a plastic worm I'll be happy. They are good for casting, they attract multiple species, and they are cheap, can't beat that.
-Anthony

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Bucktail

If memory serves correct, the pilots over Nam and the Pacific during WII had mono and a white bucktail as emergency gear.

The bucktail has been one of the most productive lures in any area for any species.

Its the American Express of fishing lures, never leave home without it.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
about the all purpose bucktail lure

Can someone post a picture or supply a link to a picture of one that would work in these local waters.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
BTW

in case you all were wondering..........Since catching my pup, I now have big fish fever. So all you artificial lure users have my undivided attention.:)

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'll be the devil's advocate here.

Depending on the area to be fished, I wouldn't mind at all using a storm wildeye 6".

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why the storm wildeye over the bucktail I've never used the storm but I've heard and seen go things about it.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I do like storms a lot but if blues are around and bite off the tail, then they lose the action that makes them so good. They are probably tied for second for me along with gotchas.
-Anthony

·
Registered
490 Posts
Thrifty should find picture on this page.

url]http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/index/index-display.jhtml?id=cat20419&navAction=jump&navCount=1&parentId=cat390001&parentType=category&rid=&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fcatalog%2Fcategory-link.jhtml_A&_DAV=MainCatcat390001[/url] :cool:

·
Registered
374 Posts
the conditions are perfect for Stripers
I'll take a topwater plug.

If it was strictly for survival, then I'd go with the bucktail. If it was for the world record, I'd go with Flea's recommendation on the swimmer since it's proven. But if were talking perfect conditions here, I'd have a lot more fun up top than with anything else down below. :p :p

Addict, why not the needlefish?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
bucktail for sure

·
Registered
823 Posts
white 1 oz bucktail with a white bungee trailer

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
If my survival depended on just one lure it would have to be a 1 1/2 oz red & white bucktail.

Catman.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts