1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yup sure is! Very interesting!

·
Registered
720 Posts
That's a huge fish. I wonder what they eat and how old is it? I've only caught catfish up to 22", I wonder where they are finding 6' long catfish in North America?? I hope it's somewhere close :D

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
TVA, Tennesse Valley Authority. Somewhere in TN that they built a huge dam and divers have gone down there and have reported catfish almost as big as cars! When I was a kid I always wanted to make a trip there and throw out a whole chicken on 150 lb test line and tie myself to a tree and see if I could get one!:D LOL still might try it one day.:)

·
Registered
823 Posts
BIG CATS

i've caught several 30-40# catfish ......... i think its kerr scott lake on the tva chain that youre talking about jason

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yeah they are a chain of man made lakes(which is actually the best type for large catfish because they usually dump all kind of stuff in there before they fill the lake which makes great hiding places for cats) There have been stories of divers never making it back up and suspicion that they were eaten by the large catfish on the bottom.?? There was a pic one diver took of a catfish that looked to be over 6 ft long sitting in one of those huge pipes they use for sewage. I will have to scour the web and see if I can find it. Kind of creepy huh? LOL That is the great thing about it.:)

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Now that kind of stuff is crazy! I am from the south but consider that kind of stuff the backwood south! That stuff happens more where shaggy is from!:eek: J/K Yeah I like catching big cats but that has to go in the books of "straight stupidity":D

·
Registered
720 Posts
Any place in MD or VA where you can catch large cats that are safe to eat? I've heard Chop Tank is known for some nice cats.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Potomac! And no I don't mean by the city. If you go to great falls area and above it is much cleaner water. Eating anything below great falls area is a risk. I have caught some nice catfish 10lbs + there, also some nice largemouth. Also heard there is a good walleye run there.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Wrong Way said:
That's a huge fish. I wonder what they eat and how old is it? I've only caught catfish up to 22", I wonder where they are finding 6' long catfish in North America?? I hope it's somewhere close :D

Maybe not 6' but blue cats pushing 5' have been caught in the James River. On the Tidal Fish forum there's a legion of guys that only fish for monster cats in the James. I've broken 30" a few times below Conowingo Dam. There was a time when cats were the only thing I'd consider fishing for.

Catman.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts