Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the new boards. Since this is using new software, you'll probably need to log back in again. Any time you want to make any changes to your account (password, any personal info, preferences, etc.) just click on "My Account" at the top of every page. If you've forgotten your password, just follow the directions there.

There's a lot you can do with the new board. Moderators and those who've been so kind as to contribute will be able to not only use all the features you see here, but they'll be able to start their own polls, upload their own fishing photos, and other goodies that'll show up in the next few weeks. My way of saying thanks (if you helped pay for bandwidth, you get to use some of it).

There are lots of little changes too. For instance, if you choose to make your e-mail public, it'll no longer be truly visible for spambots and trolls to pick up on. It'll just take the person who wants to send the e-mail to a secure form and the backend system will send the e-mail without ever reavealing your true address.

Also, you can see who's active on the boards at that moment by going to the bottom of the front page.

Furthermore, you can subscribe to threads that you're interested in. You'll get an e-mail whenever someone replies. There's a better buddy messaging system. All I ask if that you clean out your old messages! Lots of you are practically overflowing with old PM's back and forth between each other.

The search function is better, too. Faster and more efficient. Try it.

I'll be tracking ip addresses from now on, so we can all have some fun with the trolls.

You can produce your own custom views of the site, too. If you're on a forum, you can sort posts by poster, subject, number of replies, etc. by simply clicking the header.

If you have any questions, please read the FAQ before writing me. And poke around and get to know the new system better to see what features there are.

As to those who donated, I'll have the extras for your accounts switched on some time this week.

There's more stuff coming in the following weeks, but I hope the worst bit is out of the way. Bear with me if there are any problems, and enjoy.

sf

·
Registered
490 Posts
hI Guys I found my way back, this is cool, I think? you know how it is to teach an old dog new tricks.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

M

·
0 Posts
The new look is great, had thoughts about not posting on this site at the end of this year. I think I might stick around to see how this turns out.

M

·
0 Posts
By the way Sandman, how does one get to be a senior member, number of posts, age, experience, date registered or maybe contributions?

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Mcrea, its number of post.

For th time go under my account an go to edit options an th time an date you change it from GMT to East US or where ever you are located.

M

·
0 Posts
Hey Cdog, thanks for clearing up the Senior member thing, I guess a hundred or more of my posts got lost with the new upgrade. Just don't like to called junior anything. New member maybe.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mcrea, you become a senior member after 50 posts. After 150, your title changes to Old Salt. But in your case, you contributed so your title is now different.

And by the way, if you donated money this year but your title hasn't changed, shoot me a note. Because for many of the donors, I only have your real name listed on the donors page and not your board name. So I can't turn your account on until I can match it up with your board name.

As for the time, you can set your time zone in your profile. That way everyone can have the time on the site displayed in their local time. It defaults to GMT, but you can change it to whatever you want.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
did ya see th head on that sucker:D

M

·
0 Posts
Question for Sandflea, the number of posts listed is for this year only or since the member has registered. I assume that it's since the member registered, though in my case it might be for the year.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts