Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All!

Has anyone tried those Sweedish Ice Creepers available from Cheaper Than Dirt for jetty fishing? Since I'm doing less and less jetty fishing (but more and more slipping), I was looking for a cheap alternative to corkers. In addition, does anyone know where I could pick up an extending gaff (say out to 15 feet) at a reasonable price? Anybody have a site that caters to jetty jockies?

·
Registered
565 Posts
I've been looking for a telescopic gaff for a long time now. I have found a few online, but they only extend to about 4 feet and I want something much longer. As far as corkers, it is the best 50 bucks a jetty fisherman can spend. I went without for too long. They are well worth the money, especially during new or full moon tides when your standing on a jetty with a foot or more of water over the top of the rocks and even more when a wave breaks!

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
They even got Korkers at BPS now

I've seen them in the fly fishing section on the left hand wall arround where the waders are for about $69;but they didn't have them when I started fishin IRI so I baught them(BillR don't hate for this:lighten up your going to get an ulcer )Bill Sport Shop in Lewes DE

·
Registered
565 Posts
I got mine for fitty at Jims in Cape May, but you can mail order them from Fisherman's Headquarters...They are the best mail order site i have found for Jetty/surf fisherman.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Greetings Jamey!

Did you read that Mudhole report on the Jersey board? That's the best I've seen in three weeks. Word is night ling trips are only producing 8-12 fish per man. Sad, very sad....

·
Registered
565 Posts
I really want to do a mudhole trip soon, but there is plenty of good ice to fish on locally and I'd rather stay closer to home and save my money. If we get a warm spell and the ice deteriorates I'll be back in the mood for saltwater fishing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts